Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pluming

Friday morning, last week, the drain on my bathroom clogged. I tried to fix it, digging out large amount of icky junk from the drain, but it stayed clogged. The janitor told me that it was likely a small pipe between the drain and some larger pipe that was clogged. He told my i could access this pipe from the drain, if I could only unfasten a bolt. I had to disassemble the sink and the closet to get at the bolt. While trying to unfasten it, the wrench slipped and I hit my hand with all my "might" on a sharp metal edging around the drain.

I visited the emergency room ('Legevakten') and got my hand stitched. Two stitches inside the wound, and three to close the wound. The doctor told me that there would be absolutely no diving for the next three weeks, dry gloves or not. I got no painkiller or information of any kind, was just discharged. Over the week I visited Legevakten again two more times, because the hand had swelled and the non-prescription painkillers weren't working. The end of it was that I had to stay home from work for two days on sick leave. Wednesday I was back in the office. It was painfull to use the keyboard and mouse. However, Thursday things were much better. I just hope i will have full use of my hand to before the Tea presentation on the 8th of November.

No comments: