Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flickr

I got my self a Flickr account. I was told it was easy and fast to upload, and for just $24 a year I could store unlimited amount of images. This sounded great, just what I need. I need backup of all my images, it is probably around 100GB.

It's far from perfect, it needs more features like:
  • An upload agent that will retry upload when they fail.
  • An upload agent that remember where it was if it crashes or the computer goes down.
  • A system for removing, or better merging duplicate images. It should do a search if the image has the same image name and size it is probably the same image. It should show a list of all these for you to check and the merge tags, comments and set membership and finaly remove the duplicate. 
  • Better access controll. You should be able to have a list of all images visible for family, or public. And it should be able to grant access to individual people. 


No comments: